OysterMax® contains all of the building blocks for the body’s anti-oxidant defences, some of the primary benefits of oysters.
Free radical damage is one of the major causes of premature ageing in tissues, especially the skin and one of the benefits of oysters is that this can be helped.
Free radical damage in the cells also reduces the cells ability to produce energy and leads to overall loss of vitality and endurance.
Clinical work on OysterMax® showed that after 8 days, oxidative stress in the blood was reduced by 90%. This proved that OysterMax® has leveraged the benefits of oysters to help reduce the causes of premature ageing.
Scientists now agree that most chronic illness is caused by oxidative stress and many of the major diseases have oxidative stress at the core of their pathology.
By promoting the production of key anti-oxidants we can help delay the onset of such conditions and use the natural benefits of oysters. OysterMax® is clinically proven to increase the anti-oxidant defences of the body.
To learn about other benefits of oysters, click on the links on the left of the page.
1. Prasad, A.S., 1993. Biochemistry of zinc.
2. Pfaus, J.G. & Scepkowski, L.A. (2005). The biological basis for libido. Current Sexual Health Reports, 2, 95-100.
3. Maret, W., 2001. Zinc biochemistry, physiology and homeostasis. Harvard Medical School.
3. Chandra, R.K., and Dayton, D.H., 1982. Trace element regulation of immunity and infection, Nutr. Res. 2:721
4. Heath ML, Sidbury R. Cutaneous manifestations of nutritional deficiency. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2006 Aug;18(4):417-22. Review.
5. Fuchs E. Beauty is skin deep: the fascinating biology of the epidermis and its appendages. Harvey Lect. 1998-1999; 94:47-77. Review.